Now that it’s the end of January and some kind of normality is being restored with the start of school and all, I’m beginning to think of what I want to achieve in 2015.
Lots. Which is always my case. But in the meantime, I’ll make a list and stick to that.
So here’s 15 Things to do in 2015.
1. Laugh Out Loud. Go see a funny movie or a comedian. Laughing gives you endorphins and makes you happy. Be Happy.
2. Go Somewhere New. Maybe it’s to that store you’ve been hearing about. Or a trip overseas. Take a step out of your everyday and go somewhere new.
3. Take More Photos. Then do yourself a favour and actually get them printed out. I just got a bunch of wall stickers printed from my Instagram photos through TinyMe and they’re amazing. Show off your photos and happy times.
4. Have a Haircut. Pamper yourself.
5. Plant Something. Make a vegetable garden for your kitchen or just keep a no-maintenance succulent.
6. Listen to Music. Turn off the TV, tune into the radio and dance any bad mood or nervousness away. Whenever the kids are having a nutso day I ban the TV and iPads (screen-free time) and blast Taylor Swift.
7. Make Something New. Are you handy with the tools? My hubby is and I’m keeping a Pinterest Board of projects for him to do this year (unbeknown to him). If you’re not so handy, don’t sweat it. Make something simple instead. Like a salad.
8. Eat Cake. Need I say more?
9. Write something. My aim is to finish my novel this year (I’m meticulous and it’s taking me forrrrrreever!!!!) or you could write a song, poem, short story, shopping list, new recipe. Anything.
10. Get your Eyes Tested. If you haven’t in the past two years. Since Noah got his glasses I realised that nearly everyone else in my family wear glasses so I went off and got my eyes tested. 20/20. Yay for me!
11. Love more. Love your family. Love your friends. Love your plants. Love your food. Love your money. Love your job. Or if you hate it, find one you do love.
12. Eat Something New. Make that dish you’ve heard people raving about, or ask someone else to make it for you. Like at a cafe. Just put it in your gob.
13. Treat Yourself. Arm candy or a new necklace. Or some new ink. Or some bling earrings. Even make it yourself if you’re so inclined. But do something to make you feel pretty.
14. Shoot Forward. Take 2015 by the balls and propel yourself into everything you love. Like blog writing….
15. Unlock your Potential. If you know what you’re good at, excel in it. If you don’t, find your key and unlock your hidden talent. This is your year!
What do you want to achieve in 2015?