If you’re with me over on Instagram (@thestrandsofme), you’ll know that I love my pancakes on a Saturday morning. it’s my way of unwinding after a busy week or Kindy drop offs, day care pick ups, work, and demos. I love taking the time to prepare a nice breakfast. For me, it’s the best way to slow down for a morning instead of rush, rush, rush. Weekends aren’t always slow and easy, but one thing is certain, there are always pancakes.
I’ve written about them and shared my basic Pancake recipe with you before (which I’ll have to find and re-type as I probably deleted it when I broke my blog…). One weekend I was out of flour and while I usually make my own gluten free flour mix it was early and I had a terrible case of the ‘I-couldn’t-be-bothered’-itis. So I decided to experiment…
If I’m honest with you (and I will be, because it’s my blog), most of my experiments are a complete flop. To the point where Hubby questions my ability to even cook. Then I make sure I take the words right out of this mouth with a fantastic dish!! My odds are 1 good blogable dish for every 5 crappy ones. These pancakes have made it to the blog, so they were pretty damn good!!
These are gluten and dairy free and unlike most ‘free’ things, they actually taste nice! Try the for yourself and let me know how you go.
Thermomix Gluten Free Pancakes
- 100g Almonds
- 60g Rapadura
- 1Tsp Gluten Free baking powder
- 2 Tbs Arrowroot Flour
- 2 Tbs Coconut Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 130g Coconut Milk
- Coconut Oil for cooking
- Add the almonds and rapadura to the thermomix mixing bowl and mill for 10 Seconds / Speed 9.
- Add the baking powder, arrowroot flour and coconut flour and mix together for 10 Seconds / Speed 7.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and coconut milk and mix tother for 20 seconds / speed 7 or until a thickish batter.
- Cook the pancakes one at a time in the coconut oil over a LOW HEAT. They will burn easily so take your time. Well worth the wait in the end!
Serve with your choice of accompaniment. Mine are always served with coffee.